Most recent 34 posts returned for keyword: Axe
Timeline Photos Why I'm saying No Thanks
Dr Gail Addis, Speciality Doctor and former GP from the east end of Glasgow.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
The devolved NHS Scotland works well as it is, but needs UK wide research, representative and regulating bodies to support it.
I don’t want to split the NHS, or have to break up or reconfigure UK Institutions which work well such as Medical Research Council, Cancer Research UK, Wellcome Trust, General Medical Council, General Dental Council, Nursing & Midwifery Council and British Medical Association. NHS Scotland is funded through the pooling and sharing of UK-wide medical resources, which we’d lose.
Sam Galbraith, who sadly died last week, recently pointed out that post-independence
UK centres of excellence, such as the Newcastle Unit that gave him 20 years more than he’d expected to live, would be less available to Scottish patients with rare life-threatening diseases.
The upheaval and expense is unnecessary and counter-productive. The unintended consequences are legion.
It’s not certain whether our 5 Scottish Medical Schools could continue to charge students from other UK countries if we remain in the EU as an independent country. If not, it’s likely that that some will have to close.
A recent BMJ survey found that Scottish doctors were concerned that an independent Scotland would struggle to recruit medical staff.
Independent experts with no political axe to grind are so alarmed that they are expressing their concerns in public.
I hope the Scottish people listen, and don’t throw the NHS baby out with the Referendum bathwater.
11 minutes ago - View -
Marc Gregory Jensen:
Lillian Axe "Death Comes Tomorrow" live at Tipitina's!!! August 23, 2014 New Orleans, LA Band website: www.lillianaxe.com Absolutely wonderful!!!!!! I never grow tired seeing them! Best wishes for your future to (n...
Watch the video: http://youtu.be/__D1UzoFrC4
31 minutes ago - View -
Lillian Axe: Buy tickets for Rock N' Skull 2014 at Hat Tricks (Pekin,IL), Fri 14 November 2014 http://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/12009/chk/768b
36 minutes ago - View -
My First Job
1. My first job was working in an orange Juice factory, but I got canned. Just couldn't concentrate.
2. Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
3. After that, I tried being a tailor, but wasn't suited for it, mainly because it was a sew-sew job.
4. Next, I tried working in Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was the same old grind.
5. Then, I tried being a chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but just didn't have the thyme.
6. Next, I attempted being a deli worker, but any way I sliced it ... I couldn't cut the mustard.
7. My best job was a musician, but eventually found I wasn't noteworthy.
8. I studied long to become a doctor, but didn't have any patience.
9. Next, was a job in a shoe factory. Tried hard but just didn't fit in.
10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered I couldn't live on my net income.
11. I managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.
12.. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job...
13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it..
14. My last job was when I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.
42 minutes ago - View -
A good Axe Kick [Though I hooked it haha]
Austin & Devin. A good Axe Kick [Though I hooked it haha]
Austin & Devin.
Watch the video: https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/hvideo-ak-xfp1/v/t42.1790-2/10615063_601137816673596_2065131971_n.mp4?oh=f4500d0577233b1b540a585694a914b7&oe=54003312&__gda__=1409281361_f3ef033ac3b9a1cda60e9ddcaf2fe4ff
1 hour ago - View -